Easy Elegant Soap Packaging
What is the best way to package your soap? For some soapmakers, the choice is easy – don’t package the soap at all! But for others, packaging is an important part of soapmaking, especially if you plan to give away or sell your soap. But soap packaging shouldn’t take more time than making the soap itself. If you need ideas for attractively packaging your soaps, but don’t want to spend a lot of time packaging them, here are some choices for you.
Gift Wrap and Wallpaper
Gift wrap and wallpaper are wonderful materials for packaging soaps because they comes in so many different designs. Be sure to match the gift wrap or wall paper design to the type of soap you will be packaging. Here are two ways to package soap with these papers:
- Wrap individual bars like a gift and tie with a ribbon.
- Use the gift wrap as your soap label. Wrap a strip of gift wrap around your soap. Affix a label on top of it.
Cellophane and Polypropylene
Cellophane and polypropylene are clears plastics that are used to package many items. Cellophane and polypropylene come in sheets and bags. Cellophane and polypropylene bags can be used to package odd-shaped soaps and scented soaps. Cellophane and polypropylene sheets can also be wrapped around soaps like gift wrap. Select in colors or patterns to add visual interest.
Copy And Laser Paper
Copy and laser printer papers come in many beautiful textures and colors. A simple way to package soap using copy and laser paper is to simply wrap a strip of paper around your soap. If you use plain paper, instead of fancy paper, try one of these ideas for variety:
• Embellish with rubber stamp designs. Use a design that compliments your soap.
• Decorate with colorful stickers.
• Emboss a design onto the paper for an elegant effect.
• Make your label out of white paper and add color using metallic foil.
• Layer a thin strip of paper on top of a wider strip. Use a pair of scissors with fancy edges to make an interesting border.
Boxes and Baskets
Boxes and baskets are nice containers for soap. Consider filling your box with one of these materials:
- If you are making an herbal soap fill the box or basket halfway with an herb that matches the scent of your soap. For example, if you are making rose soap, fill the box or basket with . If you are making lavender soap, fill the box or basket with dried lavender. Put your soap on top of the herb. Wrap in cellophane.
- Fill the box or basket with excelsior or gift basket filling. Place soap on top.
- Place one or several washcloths or sponges in the basket with your soap.